Information Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988
Collection, Security, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Broadwater Hotels and Resorts is committed to protecting your privacy.
Broadwater is a resort management company which manages and operates 4 to 5 star resorts including without limitation short stay accommodation, food and beverage outlets and services, day spa, retail outlets and a wide range of other resort oriented goods, services and activities.
The Personal Information we collect about you is most likely related to your accommodation bookings and stays at a Broadwater resort but it may in some cases relate to other goods or services provided to you by Broadwater or by the resorts and businesses Broadwater manages (e.g. conferencing, day spa, resort shop, or other goods and/or services).
The Personal Information held by us may include any or all of the following:
1 Your First Name, Surname and Title (Dr, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss);
2 Your nominated contact Address;
3 Your Telephone Number/s;
4 Your Email Address;
5 Your Credit Card details (when confirming bookings or paying for goods or services);
6 Your Driver’s Licence or passport details (e.g. for non-guaranteed bookings);
7 Your personal preferences for our goods or services (e.g. non smoking, low floor, dietary needs);
8 Your date of birth (i.e. birthday); and
9 Your Guest History details (e.g. the above information plus transactions on your room account).
However, if lawful and practical to do so, you may communicate or interact with us anonymously.
Principle 1 - Manner and purpose of collection of Personal Information
If you provide us with, or we otherwise receive, your Personal Information we:
- only collect Personal Information necessary for our defined business purposes;
- use fair and lawful means to collect Personal Information;
- collect this Personal Information directly from you wherever practical;
- require your consent to collect any sensitive Personal Information;
- inform you why we are collecting Personal Information and who else we may give it to;
- take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of this Personal Information; and
- only use or disclose Personal Information for the primary purposes of collection, unless one of the exceptions in the National Privacy Principles under the Act applies (for example, for a related secondary purpose within an individual’s reasonable expectations, if you consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health or public safety circumstances).
When you make an on-line booking or book directly with us we collect from you any or all of the personal Information outlined in points 1 to 8 above:
This information will not be used for any purposes other than for your booking and to keep you up to date with our future special offers and information regarding our Broadwater resorts and products.
When you make a general inquiry with a Broadwater resort or office we collect from you:
10 Your First Name, Surname and Title (Dr, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss)
11 Your Telephone Number (for later contact);
12 Your Email Address (for enquiry response quotation purposes).
This information is not used for any purpose other than to book and confirm your accommodation and (using your name and contact details) to keep you up to date with our future special offers and information regarding our Broadwater resorts and products.
This information will not be used for any purposes other than to respond to your enquiry and to keep you up to date with our future special offers and information regarding our Broadwater resorts and products.
When you join our Broadwater Club we collect from you:
13 Your First Name, Surname and Title (Dr, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss);
14 Your nominated contact Address;
15 Your Telephone Number/s, and
16 Your Email Address.
This information will not be used for any purpose other than to keep you up to date with our future special offers and information regarding our Broadwater resorts and products.
Principle 2 - Solicitation of Your Personal Information from You
We collect your Personal Information directly from you wherever practical and where not practical from third parties which we have reasonable basis to believe are instructed by or acting for you (e.g. by travel agents, conference organisers, or the customer’s company for business related bookings).
Principle 3 - Solicitation of Your Personal Information from other sources
We do not solicit personal information about you or our other customers from third party sources unless we require additional information in relation to a specific inquiry, booking, resort stay, or other goods or services booked by you or supplied to you. In short, we do not solicit non essential information from external sources about you.
Principle 4 - Storage and Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and accessible by only Broadwater employees or representatives and credit card providers who provide credit facilities to you and/or Broadwater.
Principle 5 - Information about any Personal Information on file
If you ask, we will let you know:
- generally, what sort of personal information we hold;
- what purposes we hold it for;
- the general groups of individuals we hold information about and why;
- how we collect, use and disclose that information; and also give you access to
- information we hold about you unless otherwise required by law or law enforcement or bodies other reason of lawful public interest not to disclose any such information to you.
Principle 6 - Access to records containing Personal Information
If you ask we will let you have access to information held in our files about you except to the extent we are required or authorised to refuse to provide you with access to such information under applicable law.
Principle 7 - Alteration of records containing Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and up to date subject to the information reasonably available to us at any time and to ensure that the information is complete for the purpose and is not misleading to the best of our knowledge and belief.
If you ask we may amend the information we hold about you or where we are unwilling to amend the information about you for some lawful reason we will take such steps (if any) as reasonable in the circumstances.
Principle 8 - Broadwater to check accuracy of Personal Information before use
Before we use the Personal Information about you we will take reasonable steps (if any) as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that having regard to the purpose for which the information is proposed to be used and that the information is accurate, up to date and complete.
Principle 9 - Personal Information only to be used for relevant purposes
Principle 10 - Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose personal information about an you for a purpose (the secondary purpose) other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- both of the following apply:
- (i) the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and, if the personal information is sensitive information, directly related to the primary purpose of collection;
- (ii) you would reasonably expect the organisation to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose.
- you have consented to the use or disclosure.
- if the information is not sensitive information and the use of the information is for the secondary purpose of direct marketing.
- if the information is health information and the use or disclosure is necessary, relevant to public health or public safety
- the organisation reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent:
- a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety.
- a serious threat to public health or public safety.
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
Principle 11 - Limits on Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will not be passed to or added to any other database or otherwise distributed to any other Broadwater employee/s and/or other organisations outside of Broadwater or its related entities unless in appropriate circumstances.
We do not release Personal Information about you to our Broadwater employees or to persons or entities outside Broadwater unless you are reasonably likely to be aware that such information of the kind in question may be passed to another party for a particular purpose (for example, in the event we provide your name and contact details to a tour operator if you have booked or inquired about a tour or cruise, etc.).
We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure information is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- protect information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or make useless personal information that we no longer need or use.
Should you not wish to continue to receive information from Broadwater and/or about Broadwater at any time in the future you may simply unsubscribe at any time by notifying Broadwater in writing to our “Broadwater Corporate Office” address as shown on this Broadwater website or by replying to any email messages from us by typing the word “Unsubscribe” in the subject field of your reply.
For your information and convenience we have provided this short document to set out the guiding policies on the way we manage personal information.
Please refer to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.) as amended from 14 September 2006 by the private sector amendments to the Act.